Wednesday 22 February 2012

Are you Pinterested?

I like to keep myself abreast of all new marketing tools and technologies - there's a lot to choose from these days...some good, some not so good.

I've been hearing a lot about Pinterest recently. I've been doing a bit of snooping and I started to wonder if this new social media site can be used for events too.

Pinterest is a pin-board style social photo sharing website. You create and manage theme-based image collections. You simply share your photos and if anyone likes them, they follow you.

Surely you can promote your event this way and drum up a bit of interest? It's attracting around 11 million unique visitors a month and those visiting spend on average 100 minutes on the site compared to 19 minutes on professional social networking sites. Worth a try, don't you think?

Have a read of this article I found which should give you a bit more information on Pinterest.

What's your thoughts? Is this the next big thing or just another social networking site?

1 comment:

  1. I do not think that the service will meet its expectations. What is not equivalent to that small niche can be occupied. Other bookmarking services have already come and gone. Not everyone needs a service that handles its procrastination on the net.

    ReplyDelete